It is possible that the sign is having difficulty communicating with our server over the internet due to low or intermittent mobile network reception.
NOTE: In case of a network interruption, the sign will continue displaying the current message or schedule.
FIRST, check the mobile number is correct in DS-Live™ under Admin > Manage Signs. You will need administrator access.
If your sign has a Data Signs SIM, the mobile number is not available. Proceed to step (A) to check your sign.
A) IF THE SIGN IS NEAR YOU AND ACCESSIBLE:
- Check the main equipment fuse in the control box and the small fuse at the bottom of the controller are not blown.
- Check the sign is powered up and the battery voltage is above 11 volts
- Check the antenna on the sign and ensure it is connected securely.
- Check the SIM and SD card are inserted properly in the controller.
- Restart the sign by pulling the main equipment fuse, waiting 10 seconds and reinserting the fuse. After restarting; give it 5-10 minutes for it to establish communication.
- Check the LED indicator in the controller. It should be flashing green or purple.
If it is flashing any other colour please check the SIM card in step (X)
Flashing LED Explained
X) If the sign has your own SIM; follow these steps to check the SIM card:
- Switch off the sign by removing the main equipment fuse
- Remove the SIM card and insert it in into a phone
- Check if you are able to make and receive calls
- Check if you are able to send and receive SMS
- Check if you can access the internet using mobile data (disable WIFI, you should
see a 3G or 4G symbol around the network reception, screenshot below)
If any of the points in step (X) fail, please contact your SIM card provider and check the SIM is active with no outstanding dues. Also ensure calls, SMS and mobile data (at least 150 MB) are enabled.
C) IF THE SIGN HAS YOUR OWN SIM AND IS IN A REMOTE LOCATION:
- Call the mobile number. If you DO NOT get a ring tone:
- The sign may have lost power supply, check the battery.
- The sign could be in a low reception area, check the antenna.
- The SIM card plan may not setup correctly, check steps (X) above.
- If you get a ring tone; send the mobile number an SMS query: .S123456.Q
- If you get a successful response:
- It could be the mobile tower is congested. Ensure you are on an M2M (machine-to-machine) priority plan. Call you provider.
- It could be network connection issues. Contact your provider and check if you have enough mobile data allowance. We recommend at least (150 MB)
- It could be a hardware failure and the sign needs to be restarted manually (check steps (A) above).
- If you DO NOT get a response, try sending the SMS query again one more time.
- If that fails, it could be a hardware failure and the sign needs to be restarted manually (check steps (A) above) or the controller has a fault and needs to be serviced.
5 Grace Court,